Pages

Thursday, July 11, 2013

A bit of fun from Simply Betty Stamps


Today I had a bit of fun colouring up an new image from Simply Betty Stamps - this is Spika the Bad Mermaid. I just LOVE her attitude and had her downloaded, coloured and on a card in almost record time - I had soooo much FUN! Betty runs FB challenges and this is one of them so I'm also entering my first challenge in AGES - see what Spika has done to me - brought out the dark side - LOL.

I've used a glitter gel pen on her body scales and ends of her fins - it sparkles beautifully in the light but unfortunately just doesn't come out in photos - it just looks a little grey! I used copics and drops of colourless blender to create the background.

The leaf swirl is a La-La Lands Crafts Die - Large Flourish.

Copics Used - Background (G12, B12, Y28, Y26, Y23, Y21) plus E13, E11, E00, E000, R20, R11, YG17, YG05, YG01, BV29, BV25, BV04, BV01, C10, C7, C5, C4, C2, C0 

9 comments:

Irene's Creations said...

Ohhh, you did an absolutely beautiful job. Love it.

heidy said...

Gorgeous Debbie!!
XXX Heidy

Betty Boo! said...

Absolutely stunning Debbie! Your coloring is as beautiful as always!

JenniferD said...

Wow what an Amazing Card! She is Totally Awesome can see you let your hair down and just went for it. Love it!

Andree said...

A fin-tastic card Debbie. I love this image and the way you've coloured her x

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous colouring on this lovely mermaid! so love the colour combo and diecuts, so suited to the image! Brilliant card xoxo

Emily Shroom said...

Wow, your card looks amazing, love all the elements and how well they go together!

Marie97 said...

This turned out lovely! I really like the background you created! TFS

Corinne said...

fantastic job love it
hugs