Pages

Sunday, October 10, 2010

Twelve Days of Halloween - Day 4

If you're interested please scroll down for my Magnolia Down Under Challenges card posted earlier today!


Ooops - It's been a crazy weekend and I nearly forgot to post my card for the Fourth Day of the Twelve Days of Halloween - that wouldn't have helped anyone out would it - LOL. For all the ongoing information about the competition and prizes check out the Simply Betty Challenges blog HERE. Me and the rest of the gals from  The Burtonesque Dolls are helping out our neighbours with this one in place of our regular challenges.

On the 4th day of Halloween my ghoul love gave to me four crazy Ravens

... incorporate Ravens and this line from Vincent...

"His voice was soft and very slow As he quoted The Raven from Edgar Allen Poe: “and my soul from out that shadow that lies floating on the floor shall be lifted? Nevermore…” "

I used a Memory Box DP and cut a raven on a fence out using my craft robo. I added some texture to the bottom of the fence with one of my Tim Holtz embossing folders. The quote was printed out using my computer and then I just distressed it a little with some ink and my thumbnail. I used the gorgeous boy from the "Sweet and Toxic" set from The Greeting Farm - I liked the fact that he has wings - it ties him in to the theme of birds and ravens!

xXx

13 comments:

Tasha said...

So cool! Love the die cute and fab sentiment. Your colouring is amazing - love his hair
love tasha xx

Christina said...

A really beautifull card Debbie! Love the image you used!
Hugs Kristel

DonnaMundinger said...

Sooo cool, Debbie! Love the image and that raven is fab! xxD

Sue said...

Wow, cute boy, love how you colored his hair too. Great spooky card and the quote is perfect! Love how you get into Halloween.

Hugs
Sue

Juls said...

such a great mix of images! Love the added bling! Hugs JUls

Betty Boo! said...

Oh Debbie that is an awesome card! I love that raven!!!

Betty

Riet said...

What a gorgeous card Debbie.

Hugs Riet.x

Andrea L - EnchantINK said...

Aren't you having fun with these great cards! Hugs xxaxx

♥♥RubyM:)♥♥ said...

AWSOME IMAGE!! I really really love the coloring girl.The background paper is freakin perfect.Awsome scenery missy.Behave and take care I'll visit soon.I should be posting on wed LMAO!!!!!!! just fyi in case u would want to visit this looser lmao!!!!((((hugs)))RubyM:)

Jackie Thomas said...

Fab card Debbie. Love the raven and the boy is coloured to perfection. Hugs Jackie

♥ Kristy Woods ♥ said...

This is such a funky card Debbie! Love this creeper jack! So cool.
Kristy xox

Barbara Sproatmeyer (LM2) said...

The coloring of the hair is fantastic! I love how you mixed the brown and black... it looks like real hair color. (Well, as real as highlights get. LOL)

Leonie said...

Ohhhh, spooky! Love the colouring of his hair especially!