Pages

Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Burtonesque Dolls Challenge #5 - Sleepy Hollow

Please scroll down for my Spesch Stamps Summer Images Release DT card! (This is the second of 3 posts from me today - coming soon - release day Blog Hop with Simply Betty Stamps)


Boy oh boy have the Dolls had a blast with this one - creepy forest scenes and fabulous images from this week's sponsor - Tiddly Inks. I also found some fabulous digital DPs last week from one of our TBD entrants - they are from the Gothic Bruise set by Crafty Chaos Designs. I've used the fabulous "dogs R fun" image from Tiddly Inks "Gothic Cute" range - because personally I wouldn't go into a creepy forest without at least one big mutt to keep me company - LOL. I've emphasised this with my computer generated sentiment -  has The Teddy Bear's Picnic song ever had such creepy overtones - LOL.

The trees were cut out using my craft robo - I found a fabulous clipart tree silhouette but it's branches were too thin to cut out. The good thing was I could thicken up the branches in PaintNET and then trace the new outlines before using my robo to cut in a couple of different sizes. I also made it wider and shorter than the original - it looked creepier that way! Some black stickles, a raffia bow and crescent moon charm added the final touches.

Over at The Burtonesque Dolls Blog there are some fabulous pictures from the movie to inspire you - as well as some AWESOME inspiration from the DT! Can't wait to see what you come up with for this creepy challenge!

xXx

26 comments:

Diffirent Shades Of Life said...

Ohh Debbie, love it those trees and the bow are a great touch, and the image is coloured beautifully!
hugs
Sue x

Cheryl said...

WOW this is AWESOME and you are so clever!!! Love the trees,the robo does come in handy sometimes!!
xx

Unknown said...

Its so Creepy and awesome at the same time!! I love the sentiment its kinda creepy cute:-) I like how she has the dog for "protection" hehehehe btw Your Trees are totally fantastic:-) just to clever Deb's
Hugs
Karen
xxx

Kellie said...

OOOOO I love this! I love Tiddly Inks and this Debbie is absolutely Goth-a-licious. Love everything about it from the sentiment to the trees, all looks AMAZING!
Hugs Kel xx

Kylie said...

Oooh, so creepy! You've nailed this challenge for sure Debbie. The trees look fantastic with the spiderweb papers and your colouring is great as always! Love it!

Kylie ox

♥ Kristy Woods ♥ said...

This looks super creepy but cool!! Love it clever girlie!
Kristy xx

Carol said...

WOW Debbie, this is such a striking card! Really lovely, luv the colours and lo and the trees are just so cool they really make the card. Lotsa luv xxxx

Melodie said...

A gorgeous card, the doggy is so beautiful.
Hugs
Melodie

Nancy said...

Debbie---your card turned out amazing. I love your pattern paper and the trees are spectacular...AWESOM!!!!

Jackie Thomas said...

Oooh, I just love this card Debbie. It's coloured perfectly and the trees are amazing. Love it all. hugs Jackie

Kylie said...

Ohhhhh... how seriously and fabulously spooky! I love your trees!! And look at that charm!
This is awesome Debbie!
Hugs
Kyliek

Angela said...

I have got to get some of tjis funky little Tiddly Ink girls!! Too cute!! Love everything about this card!!
Hugs:)
Angela

Anonymous said...

I love it all: the paper, the trees, the bow and that charm - tdf! It's all incredibly awesome. Love the image you chose too - perfect!

Jen Shults said...

This is amazing Debbie. It's so dark and funky and just wow! I think if I have time I'm going to have to go back and do this challenge again just because I'm loving all these creepy trees, lol. Hugs!

Nicole Wright Designs said...

I love it Debbie and the colours are so great!

I'll be back for SBS Hop and leave a comment;)

Christy/Tiddly Inks Digitals said...

gorgeous!!! :)

Tracy said...

This is fabulous, different but wonderful. Great colours too.
Happy crafting
Tracy x

Amy said...

The scene you have created on this card is absolutely adorable in a dark and twisty kind of way, LOL! Fab card Debbie!

Eulanda said...

I loved this card from the first time I saw it!! I like the images you used and the trees you added. I spent 2 days looking for something like that and never did find what I wnated. Love that dp and I bought some too. VERY COOL!

Stamp and Smile said...

Pure Perfection my blog friend!!!! So stunning and I like how you layered the images... it does give a "creepy" look to it! Missed you and glad to pop in for a fun blog visit! :)

Lisa Hjulberg said...

Breathtaking!

Andrea C said...

this is a gorgeous card x

Jodie from Oz said...

spoooooktacular card Debbie, the images are adorably spooky, the colours & papers are perfect and those trees are amazing. hugs Jodie from Oz

Andrea L - EnchantINK said...

Phew! Miss a couple of days visiting ... and I get so behind! You are just churning out your fab designs at the moment. Where do you get all your mojo from? Love this buronesque doll! Would you just stop showing me more stuff that I want to buy! Please Debbie!!!??? (pleading eyes) Hugs, Andrea xx

Susan Says (Stupid Stuff) said...

I LOVE this, it's fab, and you've no idea how much of a big stoopid grin I have on my face right now, because those are my papers! I've only just started selling and generally I don't get to see what's been made with them, because it's just an order number in the shops, so to find some while I was looking at the new TBD challenge is just too fabulous, thank you thank you thank you, fantastic work! :D

Christy/Tiddly Inks Digitals said...

LOVE This!!!! Great charm on there too. :)