Pages

Thursday, July 2, 2009

Sankari's Challenge #23 - I'm dreaming of a White Christmas


Over at the Christmas Stampin' All Year Long blog there's a challenge this week to make a Christmas card that is mostly white - it was a challenge set by the very talented Sankari from Sankari's Sunshine Corner. If you're stuck there's also a sketch to follow if you like.
I decided to come up with my own layout and thought a predominately white card would ooze elegance. I've used Mellow Moss CS as my touch of colour. I went for a simple look - using texture to add interest. I've stamped my Lovely as a Tree pine in Sage Shadow and then glittered it up before cutting it out with my nesties. I meant to use Sage Shadow CS for the layout too - but picked the wrong sheet out - oops! The colour difference isn't too noticable with the sparkle covering the tree. Once again I wish I could photograph the sparkle - maybe one day!
I ruched the tails of the taffeta ribbon to add more texture and to frame the sentiment which is from Snow Swirled. The background was run through my cuttlebug snowflake folder.
Hoping all of you are having a wonderful week.
xXx

17 comments:

A Consuming Passion said...

This really is a beautiful Card Debbie - I love the stamp you've used and the way you've ruched your ribbon. How do you work with glitter Im hopeless end up with more on me and a card that just looks a mess!!

Chat Noir said...

Love your take on White Christmas... Its tricky minimising the colours to use isnt it? Love that snowflake folder. Guess I might be working on Christmas things next week.

...and I think next time I photograph something white and textured, I'll have to get more shadow. Your picture is really clear.

Leonie said...

A simpley stunning card Debbie, just gorgeous!

♥ Kristy Woods ♥ said...

This is just stunning Debbie! TFS.
29 days until camp whoot whoot!! Can't wait to catch up again :)

Marcia @ Pretty Things said...

Wowsers, this looks stunning. Those colours go so well together and that tree stamp is perfect for a chrissy card!

:) Marcia P

Cheryl said...

Gorgeous Debbie,I love these white based cards!!! This is so elegant and perfect for a xmas card!
xx

Deb said...

This is so gorgeous! Love its elegance!!

Merry said...

This card is stunning. I really like what you did with the ribbon.

Mandy Schiller said...

Stunning Card Debbie! I like how you have used Mellow Moss as well.

Mandyxx

Lynda said...

Debbie, I can't tell you how much I LOVE this card!! It oozes elegance, class and the subtlety of the MM colouring balances perfectly. AWESOME card.

Philippa Petty said...

Lovely card Debbie, Very Elegant.

Lisa Hjulberg said...

This is most definitely oozing elegance! I love every inch! And I did see the glitter by clicking on the picture, which enlarges. Don't you dare do that to my Cowgirl Ava card or you WILL see how I fudged up her face! LOL

Love the ribbon ruching (I never knew that word), too. So elegant.

I wish I had a bit of that cool here. Let's trade a bit of hot and cold and get it just right! LOL

I just went out to Target... it's nighttime and still in the mid-90's, plus now they've got lighting and thunder in the distance and it's starting to rain... it's monsoon weather, so it's getting humid. Fun!

Love and hugs my dear friend. It's good to finally start catching up!

Lisa

Kristie said...

You're completely right in thinking this one ooooooozes elegance...it is the epitome of classic Christmas style...LOVE it ♥

Maria said...

Hi Debbie! Well, your card definitely oozes elegance! Your card is beautiful. I love all the embossing. . .so pretty! You did a wonderful job with this white on white challenge! Thank you for playing in our Christmas challenge! Hope to see you playing along again!

Maria

Bec said...

WOW, this is so elegant..I love it !!!!!!!

Stamp and Smile said...

Well "HI" Debbie!! So nice to be blurfing tonight and catching up with my sweet friends... thanks for all the kind comments!!

Now on to your drop dead "GORGEOUS" card!! That CB snowflake folder looks so elegant with your cute ribbon treatment... you sure know how to JAZZ up your cards... Plus the sparkles on the tree!! SMILES.. and hugs! :)

Kellie said...

OMG I love, LOVE what you have done with the ribbon! You are sooooo showing me that at camp no if's or buts about it! hahaha. Love the card itself Deb, gorgeous as always you just keep amazing me more and more! xx