Pages

Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Kellie's 1st Challenge - A Sketch


My amazingly talented friend Kellie Winnell has decided to celebrate her recent achievements by posting a sketch challenge - with a secret surprise prize!!!! Well how could I not play along and support her wonderful blog and talents! You have until Friday, 25th if July at midnight Australian EST - so why not drop everything and give it a go!

I actually made my card up last Sunday - but didn't get a chance to post it until now thanx to some dodgy prawns!!!

The image was stamped off for me by my friend Deb A - she bought the stamp recently and thought I would like a couple of images to play with - I did!! Not sure which stamp company he belongs to but he is rather cute!

The large circle has been cut from a sheet of Whisper White that I stamped with the SU Gratuitous Graffiti background stamp. I also cut a smaller circle out of an offcut to stick behind a SU Clear Button, after I tied a piece of embroidery floss through the holes. A smaller circle of DP was popped into a Build-a-Brad, this little guy just didn't seem to need flowers in the layout! The sentiment is from my favourite hostess set - Best Yet.

I hope you get a chance to check out the challenge - or give it a go yourself!!!

xXx

20 comments:

Kellie said...

This is GORGEOUS Debbie, thank you so much for joining in :). I love the cute little pooch. The colour, the buttons and what you did, just EVERYTHING.

xx

Tracey Feeger said...

Oh Debbie this is super cute. I love the image and the papers, the whole thing. So so cute. Wonderful job.
mwah
Trace

Sammi said...

this really is so gorgeous!! Lovely work Debbie!! Mm.. I should give this sketch a go :)
Sammi
xxx

Robyn said...

Well as you know I am not at all a dog lover- but this little guy might just possibly melt my heart! So very cute Debbie -great job!

Lynda said...

Yet another stella effort Deb....and u can even pull it off WITH food poisoning!!! Is there nothing u can't do?? LOL?? V cute dawgy...and I love the way he is coloured. BTW hope u had FAB b'day celebrations.

♥ Kristy Woods ♥ said...

Wow debbie very cute! Love that image.
Kristy

Danielle said...

What a great card Debbie - I love your pup and your colouring is divine! What a fun, fun sketch to play with and I adore the papers you've used!
Hugs, Danielle

Marcia @ Pretty Things said...

What a fun card, love your doggy, he's very cute!

:) Marcia P

Emily said...

That looks like either "Stamps by Judith" or "Whipper Snapper" with all the scratchings around the image. No matter who made it, it's so darn cute! This baby jumped right out of my blog window at me so had to click over here quick to take a closer look. Love all the great embellishments you added, especially the brads and ribbon, they really make your image pop:)))

Cheryl said...

WOW,this is awesome,I just love it!!! I am glad you are feeling better,hope I get a chance to do this sketch,its fab!!
xx

nessy said...

what a cute doggy ~just love this card ~ so delightful
do hope to join in with the fun
vanessa xx

Ramona Michaluk said...

Hey Debbie, this is a really cute card! I love this stamp and you've combined it really well with the background stamp and the other elements - great job with Kellie's sketch. Love it!

Alison said...

He is just so cute, you have put it together so well for the challenge. Congratulations on your DT memberships, knew it would only be a matter of time before you were snapped up. ; )
xox

Kerrie said...

Hi Debbie, he is just adorable!

Susannah Iredale said...

This card is sooooo cute I love it, the dog is adoreable.

Chantelle said...

A fun card Debbie and a very cute dogie. Great job with the sketch.

Dena said...

Debbie, oh I do love this sketch Kellie did. It is fabulous. I love what you did with it. Very sweet little doggie and great colors. Have a great day girl, hugs, Dena

Anonymous said...

hey Debbie, thanks for the nice note and I am sorry to hear about your mishap with the prawns....yuck! I am feeling better thanks and hope you are too. I want to Congratulate you on the new with The Stamp Spot so cooooool! Also thanks for spotlighting the New challenge by Kellie on your site too. I m going to see if I have time to try it today. Thanks for all your sharing...hugs~Donna

Lisa Hjulberg said...

Darn, I didn't see this in time to play since I'm 17 hours behind you. Hopefully next time!

This is a CUTE doggie. And, of course, your coloring is perfection and your design is just right to frame that adorable image. I hope you have time to play in my challenge. In this case, the time zones are working in your favor!

I saw it was 4 degrees C in Melbourne yesterday on someone's blog widget. Sounds like heaven to me! LOL

Love and hugs,
Lisa

Tracey Old said...

You have rocked this sketch. That dog is soooo cute:)