Pages

Monday, July 27, 2009

A Birthday Card for a Friend

Last weekend I went with a group of my friends to the national Gallery to have High Tea. I took some pictures with my son's camera - but I seem to be having problems downloading them! We had a wonderful day out - and it was my lovely friend Ali's birthday too! This is the card I made her - using my Top Note die and the gorgeous set Thoughts and Payers. I have popped some mini lime rhinestones in the centre of the flowers to add just the right amount of birthday sparkle - the dot on the "i" was given a similar treatment.

I hope to come back later and pop the photos of the day on too - will be seeking help to download the camera from the household computer experts - my kids - LOL!!!

xXx

16 comments:

LINDA said...

Beautiful card.. Glad you had a wonderful day..
Hugs, Linda

Christy said...

That is stunning!!! Great job :)

Kristine said...

This is so beautiful Debbie! I'm sure she'll LOVE this and treasure it forever. Hugsx

Kylie said...

Lovely card, Debbie!

Take Care,
Kylie X

Jean McKenzie said...

In one word Debbie - beautiful!!!! I adore this set and those colours together are gorgeous! Did you use Kiwi Kiss paper??
LOVE the card.

Hugs

Leonie said...

The perfect level of sparkle and class! Love it!

Karina said...

Dear Debbie, I occasionally landed on your blog and like what I see here. You do wonderful artwork! And so I will make a visit again on your place from time to time to see what's new.
Love from Switzerland,
Karina

Emily said...

Okay, so now I think I will have to break down and get this SU set. You've put me over the edge..I can resist no longer! I had to click on the card to take a close up look at your bling and that great paper. Just darling!

Cheryl said...

WOW,what a stunner Debbie,beautiful colour combo and I love that image.....must get some of that ribbon as well....lol...!!!
xx

nessy said...

stunning card ~simply stylish ~love the subtle bling!!
vanessa xx

Diffirent Shades Of Life said...

Gorgeous card Debbie, lucky friend.
hugs
Sue x

Sam said...

A very beautiful card Debbie!

:-).

Merry said...

This is beautiful...everything just fits so nicely.

Lisa Hjulberg said...

A truly lovely card, Debbie. I'm sure Ali loved it! You can't go wrong with that stamp set... it's just so simple and classy. And that Top Note die is a winner!

Okay, now, don't accidentally erase all those pictures!!! LOL

Love and hugs,
Lisa

Marcia @ Pretty Things said...

I love this set and I like that you have used it on a birthday card.

:) Marcia P

Stamp and Smile said...

I'm so CASEing this card you made... and LOVE this stamp set!! You know how to "WORK IT" with your stunning creativity Debbie! I'm sure your friend LOVED it... SMILES! :)