Pages

Sunday, March 8, 2009

Magnolia Down Under Challenge #3 - for the week beginning Sunday, 15th March!


This week I got to set the challenge. I decided the criteria would be
  • Must have at least one yellow ribbon.
  • Has to be Tilda.
  • And last of all has to have a flower.
The reason for the yellow ribbon was that everyone here was wearing a yellow ribbon as a tribute to the Victorian Bushfire victims at the time I set the challenge. Of course silly me didn't realise that this meant EVERY store stocking yellow ribbon would have run out of it when I went to get some!!! I'm not really a yellow person so it's not something I usually have! I ended up pinching this piece from a box of chocolates - and yes they were VERY yummy!! I thought I better BUY the box too - LOL. I added the flower element to symbolise re-building and re-growth. Tilda is there because she just soooo cute, and let's face it - it wouldn't be a Magnolia challenge without her!

This weeks challenge has timed in very well with the launch of our SCS Victorian Bushfire Appeal. It will be up and running ASAP - there were a few technical hitches - but WACH THIS SPACE - I'll be adding the link sooooooon!!!! We have had some AMAZING prizes donated...

I've used So Saffron, Very Vanilla, More Mustard and Not Quite Navy here. And the SU stamp sets are For a Friend (Hostess) and Botanical Blooms (SAB)

I hope this inspires you to come along and play with our new challenge at Magnolia Down Under Challenges.

5 comments:

Ramona Michaluk said...

Debbie your Tilda looks so cute - love the little headband in her hair and the panel she's sitting on!

Yes, chocolate boxes are great for providing ribbons and other embellishments not to mention the pleasure they give! LOL
(spoken like a true Chocaholic)

Chat Noir said...

Morning Debbie.... great card: deceptively simple and very effective. Love your work :-) (...and how big was that box of chocolates??)

Lisa Hjulberg said...

Wouldn't you know the site would be glitchy just when we're ready to go? But it won't be much longer now. I can hardly wait!

Yes, I've perked up over the past few days. Wait until you hear the story. I'll share soon, I promise.

Big hugs,
Lisa

P.S. Oh yeah, you're card is cute!!! LOL I don't have a Tilda yet, but perhaps I NEED one???

Stamp and Smile said...

You have been a busy stamper! I enjoy your Magnolia Challenge you set up... She is a cutie!! And you stole my heart when you ran to the store for ribbon and ended up with "CHOCOLATES “AND” yellow ribbon"… My kind of shopping! :) I can't wait to see the fun donations for the Bushfire Appeal. :) Smiles!!

Leigh said...

Your Tilda cards are fabulous Debbie.