Pages

Friday, March 20, 2009

KWerner Color Inspiration Challenge #46


I knew exactly how I wanted this challenge to go - and half way through I put what I was working on away in frustration!! It was only when my daughter walked in and picked up the flower with an exclamation of "it's stunning!" that I decided to finish it off - it's still not a favourite of mine but then you can't always please everyone and my daughter loves it!!!


I think the "From the Garden" flower is gorgeous and have wanted to use it for some time - so out it came! I've stamped it in Riding Hood Red twice - once on Pretty in Pink and once on Regal Rose. A did a bit of watercoloring in Bashful Blue on the leaves and Regal Rose on the flower and raised the flower up on Dimensionals. The flower centre has had some Crystal Effects used for more texture.

22 comments:

AMY FLEMING said...

You have done a great job with this stamp set!!!

Zarna said...

This stamp is one I have SO much trouble using, you've done a fantastic job!

Unknown said...

Gorgeous Debbie! I looove that flower

Handmade by Odette said...

There is something in your card that keeps my eyes on it...

Unknown said...

I've often wondered how this stamp set would turn out with some watercolouring and dimension - it's wonderful.

Cardmaking Galore said...

Really beautiful actually - I love the large flower as the it takes all the focus

Shuttermom said...

Simply stunning

Shelley said...

Great use of this stamp, so pretty!

Cheryl said...

Gorgeous,you have done a fabulous job with the stamp!!! I didn't get it as I didn't really know what to do with it.....lol.....

Nancy Riley said...

Beautiful, Debbie! I love your use of the challenge colors, and the flower center is spectacular!

Sylvia said...

Debbie, This is a beautiful card. Love how you used your colors!

Terri Trotter Earley said...

Love the blue baubble accent. Great job with the color challenge.

It's a good life!
Terri E.

Sammi said...

this is a Stunnning card!! Just gorgeous Debbie!!

Kellie said...

WOW Deb your card is amazing!
Kellie xx

Philippa Petty said...

What a lovely card Debbie. I have this flower, and really strugge to do something with it. It's wonderful.

GiĆ² said...

WOW!!! Gorgeous!! Very beautiful flower!! Good

Lindsay said...

great card!

~kelly marie~ said...

LOVE the flower!!!

Lisa Hjulberg said...

Just lovely, Debbie. You really did that color challenge justice. I would never have thought to use that stamp, but it turned out beautifully!

Hugs,
Lisa

Stamp and Smile said...

Just so STUNNING! I LOVE IT... :) Your daughter is so right, your card is gorgeous!!! I love the layering and the embellies!! The colors really work well with this flower design... your frustration is a MASTER PIECE!! Smiles... :)

Leigh said...

Absolutely wonderful take on the challenge Debbie. I have never warmed to this stamp but you have done so well with it.

Sue said...

simply gorgeous, you make the colours work so well!