Pages

Thursday, February 12, 2009

High Hopes Challenge #17

Ever since I saw Amy Wegener's site Stampin' Stuff several weeks ago I knew I would have to get me some High Hopes Stamps. Amy is the most amazing artist - you just HAVE to check out her work!! Luckily for me I had ordered a stamp from a local stamp shop and when I went to collect it she had just received a new shipment - and had High Hopes Stamps - Yippeeeee. I bought this little fella and then inked him up for this challenge - from the High Hopes Blog. I've stamped him in Versamark and used black EP before colouring in with my SU Watercolour Crayons and Aquapainter.
This little guy has a Going Gray embossed strip to simulate his rough hide - though he looks too cute to have anything rough!!! I gave him a yellow ribbon because it historically signifies homefront support for troops - and these fires have been likened to devastation left by wars. A bit deep there - but my intention was to make a gesture of support to our fire victims.

3 comments:

Lisa Hjulberg said...

I love this card, Debbie. You've colored the elephant perfectly, and the gray embossed panel is a brilliant touch! Just the name "High Hopes" makes you remember that out of the most terrible devastation, comes brighter days. What you might think is a small gesture, just might mean the world to someone.

xOx Lisa

Kellie said...

Naaaw he is just gorgeous and you have done a wonderful job with using him. I think I am going to have to pick myself up one. Beautiful card Deb....Good luck xx

Leigh said...

The elephant is so cuuuute. Wonderful card yet again.